Reports & Analysis
Articles, studies, statistics, and other information on sobriety programs.
- Lancet Psychiatry released the second of a three part Rand Corporation Study on the 24/7 sobriety program, Can a criminal justice alcohol abstention program with swift, certain and modest sanctions (24/7 Sobriety) reduce population mortality? A retrospective observational study
By Nancy Nicosia, Beau Kilmer and Paul Heaton
- The American Public Health Association released a Rand Corporation Study on the 24/7 sobriety program, Efficacy of Frequent Monitoring With Swift, Certain, and Modest Sanctions for Violations: Insights From South Dakota’s 24/7 Sobriety Project
By Beau Kilmer, PhD, Nancy Nicosia, PhD, Paul Heaton, PhD, and Greg Midgette, MPP
- South Dakota 24/7 Sobriety Program Evaluation Findings
By Roland Loudenburg M.P.H., Gregg Drube, M.A., Gary Leonardson, Ph.D.
- The South Dakota 24/7 Sobriety Project: A Summary Report 
By Judge General Larry Long, Stephen K. Talpins, Robert L. DuPont, MD
- Montana 24/7 Sobriety Pilot Program Fact Sheet 
Montana Department of Justice
- A new paradigm for long-term recovery. Substance Abuse, 32(1), 1-6.
DuPont, R. L. & Humphreys, K. (2011).
Purchase Full Article
- Swift, Certain, and Fair Punishment — 24/7 Sobriety and Hope: Creative Approaches to Alcohol- and Illicit Drug-Using Offenders. Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Vol. 105, 2015, Paul J. Larkin Jr. Downloadable [PDF]